Pre-Kindergarten 3 (Age: 2.9 years by Sept. 1st)
The Pre-K3 program is an ideal transitional setting that prepares students for kindergarten. It is designed for children 2.9 years (by Sept. 1st) or older who are just beginning in a formal educational setting. All students must be fully potty trained by the start of school. The Pre-K3 program focuses on developing six key areas of learning: cognitive development, creative expression, language and sound discrimination, social and emotional development, executive control and functioning, physical development
- Pre-K3 students will learn basic rules and routines of school while also focusing on a comprehensive curriculum to learn their letters, numbers, shapes, and the basics of science and social studies.
- At the Academy, your child will transition through each stage of the Early Years Program appropriately with teachers who guide his/her academic challenges and support his/her social development in an environment that encourages strong character and solid values.
- Pre-K3 students also have a weekly specials including art, music, physical education, and library. Students will also take weekly trips to our STEAM mini-makerspace to foster a love of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
- A comprehensive curriculum that includes intentional instruction in the following domains:
- Social-Emotional Development
- Oral Language and Vocabulary
- Emergent Reading
- Emergent Writing
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
- Physical Development