Extended Day Program
The Academy of Notre Dame’s Extended Day Program (EDP) is an afterschool program that ensures students are well-cared for from school dismissal until 6:00 PM during the school year. Participation is open to Academy students ranging from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8. All Pre K3 children must be 100% toilet trained to participate in EDP. The program provides children with a safe, supportive environment to do homework, play with peers, and have a nutritious snack.
EDP offers the following benefits for children and families:
- A safe, caring environment with age-appropriate activities
- Supervised outdoor activities utilizing the extensive facilities at the Academy
- Homework assistance
- The opportunity for students to develop healthy relationships and build self-esteem
- Arts and crafts activities to enhance students’ creative abilities and imaginations
- Nurse on call for all program days
- Flexibility that allows for families to choose 1-5 days of care, as needed
- NEW! Selection of optional specialized Enrichment activities
Registration ProceduresEDP registration will be done through the NDA Parent Portal. Please log into your account to register for EDP.
- To provide a caring environment where students can stay after regular school hours.
- To provide supervised outdoor activities utilizing the extensive facilities at the Academy.
- To provide homework assistance to students.
- To build self-esteem and help students develop healthy relationships with other children.
- To enhance students’ creative abilities and imaginations through arts and crafts projects.
- To provide nutritious snacks that meet dietary guidelines for school-age children.
The Academy’s Extended Day Program supports elementary and middle school children’s academic, physical, social, and emotional needs in a caring and safe community. Students are provided a nutritious snack, time to work on homework and play indoors and outdoors, through both directed and open-ended opportunities.
Procedures for School Dismissal and EDP Check-in
The process of dismissal from the Academy and reporting to EDP is closely coordinated by Academy and EDP staff. Younger students are escorted to EDP after their 2:15 PM dismissal for grades Pre K-3 through Grade 5. Students in grades 6 through 8 report directly to a designated area on the garden level for check-in after their 2:32 PM dismissal. Students must be signed out by an authorized person each day when leaving EDP.
Safety is a high priority at EDP, and close communication with parents/guardians is maintained at all times. Parents/guardians must notify the EDP Coordinator directly at [email protected] on days their child will be absent, when their child will be picked up early, or when someone other than a parent/guardian is picking up their child. To ensure their security, children are not allowed to leave with anyone except a parent/guardian, unless the EDP Coordinator has received written permission from the parent(s) to release their child to another individual. Anyone other than a parent/guardian who is picking up a child is required to show a photo I.D.
Rates for EDP and Late Fees
The following rates cover attendance between 2:30 PM and 6:00 PM. Please note that students must be picked up by 6:00 PM. Families will incur a $15.00 late fee for every 15 minute increment beyond 6:00 PM. For example, late fees for a student getting picked up between 6:01 PM and 6:15 PM is $15, between 6:16 PM and 6:30 PM is $30.
2:30 - 3:30 PM = $10.00
2:30 - 4:30 PM = $20.00
2:30 - 5:30 PM = $30.00
2:30 - 6:00 PM = $35.00