The Academy of Notre Dame, Tyngsboro, a Catholic private school, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, is based on the educational philosophy of their foundress, St. Julie Billiart. The Academy offers rigorous educational programming from Pre-K through a college-preparatory Upper School.
The Hallmarks of our Notre Dame de Namur learning community include:
- Hallmark 1: We proclaim by our lives, even more than by our words, that God is good.
- Hallmark 2: We honor the dignity and sacredness of each person.
- Hallmark 3: We educate for, and act on behalf of, justice and peace in the world.
- Hallmark 4: We commit ourselves to community service.
- Hallmark 5: We embrace the gift of diversity.
- Hallmark 6: We create community among those with whom we work and with those we serve.
- Hallmark 7: We develop holistic learning communities which educate for life.
The Hallmark was carried out as a visual metaphor through the use of hexagon shadow boxes representing areas the participants hope to nurture in their lives such as their intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical sides. All of the hexagon boxes came together forming a ‘honeycomb wall’, simultaneously representing the goals of the individual and the idea we become who we want to be through the connections we choose to nurture. The concept and design of this collaborative art installation was created by Upper School Art Teacher Ms. Shaw. Watch the video below to learn more about the project.
See how the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and our students live out this mission.