If a 2-hour delay is announced, the start of the school day will begin at 9:47 AM for both Upper and Lower School students.
In the event of a weather-related school cancellation, delayed opening, or early dismissal, the Academy will notify parents, faculty and staff using the following channels of communication:
- WCVB (Channel 5 in Boston); http://www.wcvb.com/weather/closings; look under "A" for Academy of Notre Dame
- Website alert on the home page at www.ndatyngsboro.org
- Automated phone calls. Please ensure your phone number in Veracross is current
- Text to cell phone number listed under Parent record in Veracross
- Academy Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ndatyngsboro
Multi Day Weather Events
How do we make up for time lost when we have no school days?
To mitigate the effect of snow days on student learning in the Upper School, faculty may use the free period at the end of the school day called DLT (Designated Learning Time) to cover any curriculum missed. Individual teachers will make this decision as they progress through the rest of the school year. Students will know in advance if they will lose their DLT time. Advanced Placement subject teachers may opt to meet outside of the normal school day. This decision will be discussed in classes, and students will not be penalized for not attending. AP teachers may offer this extra time to support their students.
In the Lower School, teachers adjust their lesson plans and syllabi to compensate for time lost to be certain that all key concepts are thoroughly covered. Depending on the number of days missed, teachers may also adjust daily schedules to emphasize subject areas in need of additional attention.