Employment Opportunities at NDA - Come Join Our Team
The Academy of Notre Dame, Tyngsboro, a Catholic private school, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, is based on the educational philosophy of their foundress, St. Julie Billiart. The Academy offers rigorous co-educational programming from Pre-K through a college-preparatory Upper School. Our mission focuses on educating the whole person for life through a curriculum rooted in spiritual formation and academic excellence. We nurture a belief in the goodness of God and the dignity of each person. We are committed to community-building, diversity, global justice, and service to those in need.
The Academy of Notre Dame is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Middle School English Teacher
The Middle School English Teacher assumes professional responsibility for providing learning experiences and supervision of assigned students in a nurturing, supportive, and positive classroom climate. He/she will develop in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the Massachusetts State Standards in English, following the approved curricula and directives of the Academy. Achieving excellence requires that the Middle School English Teacher will work collaboratively with the school administration, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Plan and implement sequential learning experiences for students using a variety of instructional strategies with the use of technology, variety of materials, media, and community resources to support instructional programs.
- Monitor the pacing of instruction and budget class time efficiently by providing clear directions, outlining expectations, and effectively bringing to closure instructional experiences.
- Utilize effective instructional strategies and classroom management skills
- Differentiate learning experiences based on varying student needs
- Utilize technology for teaching (classroom and distance learning), data management, informational retrieval, and visual and audio presentations
- Demonstrate a passion for teaching English and working with teenagers
- Establish high standards and expectations for all students for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Demonstrate integrity, good moral character, and initiative.
- Incorporate NDA’s Mission and Hallmarks into everyday curriculum
- Complete Curriculum Mapping
- Teach additional elective courses as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- MA DESE Certification preferred
- Minimum of three years prior teaching experience preferred
- Cover letter, resume, and college transcripts
- Required documentation outlined in the qualifications above and appropriate teaching certification
- A minimum of three letters of reference from former employers, teachers, professors, or other professional sources, or copies of recent evaluations and observations of teaching performance
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal resident alien status; evidence of criminal check (CORI) and fingerprinting is required.