The Academy of Notre Dame, Tyngsboro, MA is a private, catholic school, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and is based on the educational philosophy of their foundress, St. Julie Billiart. The Academy offers co-educational programming from Pre-K through eighth grade in the Lower School, and a co-educational college preparatory Upper School. Our mission focuses on educating the whole person for The Academy of Notre Dame, Tyngsboro, MA is a private, catholic school, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and is based on the educational philosophy of their foundress, St. Julie Billiart. The Academy offers co-educational programming from Pre-K through eighth grade in the Lower School, and a co-educational college preparatory Upper School. Our mission focuses on educating the whole person for life through a curriculum rooted in spiritual formation and academic excellence based on the Hallmarks of our Notre Dame de Namur learning community. We nurture a belief in the goodness of God and the dignity of each person. We are committed to community building, diversity, global justice, and service to those in need.
The School Counselor, through the process of individual and group counseling, helps students to understand their aptitudes, capabilities, and limitations in making personal decisions and educational plans. The School Counselor is also responsible for developing, organizing, directing, supervising, and evaluating guidance and related programs. Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Andrea Sheehan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plans, develops, and implements all guidance programs in cooperation with the Head of School, Principal, and Assistant Principal.
- Counsels elementary students individually and in small groups as necessary.
- Holds term meetings with Middle School students; meet additionally as necessary.
- Implements and interprets for students, faculty, and parents evaluative appraisals of students.
- Assists in the programming, record keeping, placement and discharge of students.
- Develops a positive working relationship with other support service personnel to identify problems, share information and design programs.
- Actively creates and maintains an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths, and challenges are respected.
- Engages with families and builds collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning.
- Consistently collaborates with colleagues through shared planning and/or informal conversation to analyze student performance and development, and to plan appropriate interventions at the classroom or school level.
- Regularly provides advice and expertise to general education teachers and the school community to support the creation of appropriate and effective academic, behavioral, and social/emotional learning experiences for students.
- Sponsors anti-bullying activities.
- Runs “Lunch Buddies” program.
- Deliver grade level lessons for grades K-5 monthly.
- Implements grade level Naviance career, career and learning curriculum with grades 6-8 monthly.
- Works with the Assistant Principal as part of the Student Support Team.
- Works with Upper School NHS Advisor on management of the student tutoring program.
- Manages IEP/TAD process.
- Supervises lunch duty one day/week or as necessary.
- Creates student safety plans.
- Assists with the high school application process, providing transcripts and records.
- Works with Admissions to promote the Academy.
- Supports a positive school climate and daily operations of the school.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Head of School, Principal, and Assistant Principal.
- Provides intervention assistance with normal social, emotional, behavioral, and educational growth.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all activities for Counseling Services.
- Oversees all guidance curriculum development and delivery; develops innovative methods for delivering counseling services based on the current needs of students, staff, and community.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for guidance, post-secondary transition and other school-wide programs.
- Supervises all 504 Plan Coordination and Accountability
- Supervises and maintains all forms of student records, including report cards and transcripts, in accordance with all state and federal student records regulations. Protect and assure confidentiality at all times.
- MA DESE School Guidance Counselor License Pre K - 8
- Masters Degree in counseling, education or a related field
- Cover letter, Resume, and College Transcripts
- Required documentation outlined in the qualifications above and appropriate teaching certification
- A minimum of three letters of reference from former employers, teachers, professors, or other professional sources, or copies of recent evaluations and observations of teaching performance
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal resident alien status; evidence of criminal check (CORI) and fingerprinting will be required.