Get to Know Our Upper School
Did you know?
- NDA was named among the top ten best Catholic high schools in Massachusetts, according to Niche.com, a leading online review site for colleges, schools, neighborhoods and companies.
- NDA’s Upper School will welcome its first class of male students in fall of 2020!
- Over 60% of our Upper School Students receive tuition assistance in the form of grants, merit scholarships, or need-based financial aid.
- A total of $8.7 million in four-year, renewable merit-based college scholarships were awarded to the class of 2019.
- The 2019 graduates were accepted to 90 colleges and universities across the U.S., Canada and Ireland
- NDA has a 100% college acceptance and matriculation rate
- 50% of the 2019 graduates intend to major in STEM related fields
- 11 of NDA’s 2019 graduates will be attending a Catholic college or university
- 2 of NDA’s 2019 graduates were awarded full, 4 year renewable scholarships to Regis College School of Nursing
- The Academy earned the first College Board AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award for achieving high female representation in AP Computer Science A. Schools honored with the AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award have expanded girls’ access in AP computer science courses. Out of more than 18,000 secondary schools worldwide that offer AP courses, the Academy is one of only 685 to accomplish this, and one of 20 in Massachusetts
- Upper School Science Teacher, Enhua Wang, Ph.D., was honored at the Amgen Biotech Experience (ABE) Teacher Recognition Awards at Harvard University.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the teacher/student ratio? What is the average class size?
- How many AP classes can students take?
The Academy offers a number of AP options in all academic subject areas, both in house and through Virtual High School. We do not limit the number of AP courses a student can take.
- Do you have academic levels like honors classes?
We offer three levels: College Preparatory, Honors, and Advanced Placement (AP). All give students an academically challenging program which allows preparation for college programs of all majors and levels.
- Do you have dual enrollment with any colleges?
Yes, qualifying students may take elective courses at local institutions such as UMass Lowell, Merrimack College, Rivier University and Middlesex Community College.
- Are there scholarships available?
Yes! We have merit scholarships available as well as need-based tuition assistance. Both have application processes in the fall.
- What athletic teams can students participate in?
The Academy offers fall, winter and spring athletics and is part of the CAC and MVC Leagues. Teams include soccer, volleyball, cross country, swimming and diving, basketball, indoor track, tennis, softball, outdoor track.
- Do you accept international students?
We do have international students on F-1 Visas. For 2020-2021 we will welcome students from China, Egypt, India, Kazakhstan, Canada and Vietnam.
- Are there any trips that students can participate in?
Peek into our Upper School Brochure!