What to Expect on a Shadow Day
A Shadow Day provides prospective students with a chance to experience an engaging day, or part of a day, at the Academy. Visiting students will be encouraged to join in learning activities, meet students, teachers and administrators, and discover what its like to be an Academy student for the day. Students in grades 1-12 are welcomed to participate in a Shadow Day.
Caring teachers, kind students and involved administrators create a close-knit school family here at the Academy. Visiting students will discover how learning challenges can be interesting and fun; how comfortable our students feel asking questions and requesting help; and how much learning takes place outside the classroom, through co-curricular activities, athletics and more.
On a Shadow Day, students will …
- Be greeted by your host student, faculty and administrators at the front door.
- Join your host student in his/her classes, where you will be invited to join in the learning experiences.
- Participate in special class activities: library, physical education, music, art, and recess.
- Get a complimentary lunch, with healthy and tasty options.
- End your experience after lunch, or at a time that works best for your schedule.
- Leave with a new Academy friend to text, tweet, or email to help answer questions.
An Academy education prepares you for lifelong academic success, while helping you build strong character and community values. Discover why students love the Academy and sign up for a Shadow Day today!
“NDA is a very supportive, judgement-free environment. Everyone here is unique with different areas of interests, but we’re all supportive of one another. This contributes to a sense of confidence that is instilled in all of us and empowers us to get involved and take risks. The students here aren't fake, they’re friendly & happy to be here.” - Kathryn Tarantino, Senior