The Academy of Notre Dame employs a full-time nurse to staff our Health Office on the second floor (Upper School side of the main foyer staircase). The nurse is available to students in both the Upper and Lower Schools from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will notify parents of a student’s health status as needed.
The role of the school nurse is to assist the educational environment by improving and protecting the health status of all students, focusing on prevention of illness and disability and early detection of health problems.
Nursing services provided:
- Assessment and follow-up of acute and chronic health issues
- General medication management and administration
- Immunization tracking
- Communicable disease management for the school
- School medical policies
- Treatment for students who are ill or injured
- Education of staff regarding student health issues, blood borne pathogens
- Coordination and collaboration with parents, community health providers and staff members
Downloadable Medical Forms