Tuition Assistance Programs
The Academy of Notre Dame is committed to providing tuition assistance to as many eligible families as possible. Assistance may be awarded in two ways: financial aid or scholarships/grants. Some students may be eligible for both.
The financial aid program at The Academy of Notre Dame (NDA) is guided by our belief that parents have an obligation to pay the educational expenses of their children to the extent that they are able. In an effort to promote access for students who will benefit from an outstanding education and whose contribution in and outside of the classroom will enrich our community, The Academy of Notre Dame provides financial aid to qualified families with a demonstrated financial need.
The Academy of Notre Dame's financial aid policies reflect standards of equity and fairness and embrace our ongoing commitment to access, affordability, and socio-economic diversity. The Academy of Notre Dame's target is to have a minimum of 20% of our students receiving some level of financial assistance.
The review of the financial aid applications is done on a confidential basis and independently examined by FACTS, a financial aid consulting service. A committee, headed by the school President and comprised of other members of the administrative staff, confidentially examines all financial aid requests and recommends awards based on the availability of funds and the demonstrated need. For Lower School families, all financial aid applications are to be completed no later than March 15th preceding the school year for appropriate consideration. For Upper School applicants, the financial aid application deadline is December 31st.
Financial Aid Policies and Instructions can be accessed via the links below:
- Financial aid awards are for families with a demonstrated financial need.
- The Academy of Notre Dame adheres to local, state, and federal laws and regulations that require non-discriminatory practice in the administration of its financial aid policies.
- The Academy of Notre Dame endeavors to meet the financial needs of its applicants dependent on funds available and the number of requests. All information provided to the Academy of Notre Dame Financial Aid Committee is treated with the strictest confidence.
- A financial aid award will be considered only after a current and complete application for financial aid is on file. For new students, a complete application for admission to the Academy is also required.
- Financial aid awards are determined on an annual basis. Each financial aid family must reapply annually.
- The Academy of Notre Dame will not make full financial aid awards for tuition and fees. The Academy of Notre Dame believes that every family will demonstrate their commitment to their child's education by making some contribution to the cost of the education.
- The Academy of Notre Dame reserves the right to withdraw any offer or award of financial aid if it is determined that the application is incomplete, false, or includes misleading information.
- Financial aid awards will not be made if the account carries an unresolved past due balance. In the event where a financial aid award is made and the account of the previous year is delinquent, the Academy of Notre Dame reserves the right to withdraw the financial aid offer.
- In the case of a separated or divorced family, the school will require both parents to complete all of the requirements for applying for financial aid. We must consider the income and assets of both natural parents before making any award, and we cannot be bound by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility for educational expenses.
- The Academy of Notre Dame expects that all students will perform to the best of their abilities in all matters of academic, social and extracurricular life, and the Academy of Notre Dame will not subsidize sub-standard performance or lack of commitment to the life of the School.
- In the review of financial aid applications, the committee differentiates between necessary expenses and money spent for lifestyle choices. With respect to the latter, beyond a certain point, the Academy of Notre Dame will not provide aid to offset "lifestyle" expenditures that could have been directed toward education.
- The Academy of Notre Dame makes and communicates financial aid decisions in a manner that allows families to make timely, careful, and fully-informed enrollment decisions.
- All families with current and prospective Academy of Notre Dame students in grades Pre-K and higher are eligible to apply for financial aid. Pre-K students who attend fewer than five days per week are not eligible for financial aid.
If you are in need of financial assistance for the 2018-2019 school year, you must apply for financial aid at the time of application or re-enrollment. All financial aid applications must be completed online through FACTS. For your convenience, applicants can apply online at the same website used for the FACTS Tuition Management system. Log in at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3GNZD beginning on December 1, 2017.
To begin your application:
Please click on the link "Grant and Aid" and follow their instructions. When you sign on as a new user, you will be asked to create a user name and password so that you can log in and out of the program as needed. In order to complete the online application, you will need to gather financial records similar to what you need to prepare your tax returns. Please refer to the information at this link: https://factsmgt.com/parent-resources/grant-and-aid/ for answers to specific questions about the application process, including the information you will need to have available at the time of application. The non-refundable financial aid application filing fee of $30.00 is paid directly to FACTS, and this must be paid electronically at the completion of your application through credit card payment.
Once your online application has been submitted, the following information MUST be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal and State tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of W-2 forms for both you and your spouse, and current pay stubs for both of you (if applicable).
- Copies of all Form 1099's for both you and your spouse, if applicable.
- Any other information that may be requested after submission of your application.
All Financial Aid funds will be disbursed based on the application deadlines stated. For incoming Freshmen to the Upper School, the Academy of Notre Dame will include the financial aid decision along with an acceptance decision. For returning students and applicants to other grade levels, the Academy of Notre Dame will advise financial aid applicants of its decision by approximately April 17, 2018.
All supporting documentation must be mailed or uploaded directly to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Applicants should retain copies of all materials submitted to FACTS. Please do not submit your supporting documentation to The Academy of Notre Dame.
All application questions should be directed to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Customer Service at 866.441.4637 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A new application must be submitted annually.
In order to provide some measure of financial aid to the greatest number of families possible, the financial aid program covers tuition only.
Some examples of some items not covered by financial aid awards are:
- Application or enrollment fees
- Technology Fees
- Tutoring of any kind
- Uniform/clothing expenses
- Athletic team participation fees
- Classroom Activity fees (including local field trips)
If you have any questions regarding specific items that are not addressed above, please direct them to the Financial Aid Committee via email at email@example.com.
Scholarship and Grant Applications for Incoming Freshmen
The Academy offers a limited number of scholarships and grants to 9th grade applicants. Since a separate exam is not given for the purpose of determining the most qualified applicants, the percentile score on the High School Placement Test (HSPT) is used to initially rank applicants. Academic scholarships and grants are awarded to incoming high school freshmen who score in the highest percentiles of the HSPT. Many are renewable for the four years of high school, as long as the student maintains exemplary grades and becomes involved in the life of the school.
To be considered for scholarships and grants, please complete the following:
- Take the Archdiocese of Boston High School Placement Test
- There is no further application necessary for Scholarships, as they will be awarded based on the results of the HSPT and academic acheivement.
- Apply for a Grant by completing the Grant Application Form by December 31st (Forms are also available in both the Admissions and Finance offices as well as at Open Houses and on HSPT exam days). Send the completed Grant Application to the Admissions Office by December 31st.
Although scholarships and grants are awarded primarily on merit, financial need may also be considered if the applicant has already submitted the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment application (outlined in Financial Aid above).
Students qualifying for these scholarships and grants will be notified with their acceptance of admission into the Academy of Notre Dame. If you have any questions regarding scholarships and grants, please contact the Finance Office at 978.649.7611 ext. 315.