The Admissions Department of the Academy hosts a variety of events for prospective and new families throughout the year. See below for a list of upcoming events.
Early Years Open House
4:30-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 15th
Building a Foundation for Growth & Excellence
- Meet Melissa Janes, M.Ed., our new Director of Early Childhood Development.
- Visit classrooms for Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten 1, and Kindergarten 2.
- Discover why the Academy's Early Years program is the right choice for your child.
- Three-tiered early childhood development program starting at 2 years 9 months through age 6
- Hands-on, developmental classrooms to accelerate learning opportunities
- Low teacher to student ratio providing a nurturing and supportive environment
- Physical education, art, music, computers, library, world languages, faith formation and STEAM that enhance whole child development
- Access to technology including StarBoard interactive whiteboards and iPads
- Learn about our exciting new initiatives for Fall 2017 including:
- Comprehensive curriculum for our youngest learners
- Mini Makerspace exploration center
- Bee-Bot® early coding and Osmo™ technology for creation, collaboration, and critical thinking
- Environmental responsibility through gardening, recycling and composting
- Community service such as Heifer International's Read to Feed program
- Cultural exchange partnership
- Explore our 200-acre campus situated along the Merrimack River offering pristine fields, ponds, and forests that provide seclusion and security unique to our location while also being in close proximity to local emergency services.
New Student Welcome
Monday, August 21, 2017
3:30 - 7:30 p.m. - New Student Activities
6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - Guidance Meeting for Parents
New Upper School students are cordially invited to the kickoff event of the 2017-2018 school year, The New Student Welcome (NSW). The New Student Welcome is an Academy tradition in which new students are welcomed into the school community and begin to get to know their fellow classmates. It is an afternoon full of fun, games, laughter, and lots of food! Pizza and ice cream will be provided.
Check-in begins at 3:30pm and we will officially begin the event starting at 4pm. Please wear casual comfortable clothes. Signed parent permission slips are required. Students should bring $12 in cash or check (made out to NDA Tyngsboro) for your Class of 2021 T-shirt. We here at the Academy are so excited to welcome you into our community! Contact Hope Griffin for more information at email@example.com.
Early Years Playdate
3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Academy's Front Playground
The Enrichment and the Early Years departments are co-hosting a playdate for students in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten 1 and kindergarten 2. This is an opportunity for students to make new friends and see old friends after a summer away. Children will have fun swinging, playing in the sandbox and getting to know one another while parents are provided an opportunity to meet and mingle. A light snack will be served.
Immediately following the playdate, plan to remain on the side lawn and join us for the Welcome Back Cookout! RSVP with the number attending using the button below.
Welcome Back Cookout
4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Academy's Side Lawn by Front Playground
All Academy families are invited to join the fun at our Welcome Back Cookout with food, music, facepainting, bounce houses and comraderie. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2017.