The Academy of Notre Dame, Tyngsboro - a private, Catholic school, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur - is based on the educational philosophy of their foundress, St. Julie Billiart. The Academy offers co-educational programming from pre-K through 8th grade in the Lower School, and a college-preparatory Upper School for young women.
Our mission focuses on educating the whole person for life through a curriculum rooted in spiritual formation and academic excellence. We nurture a belief in the goodness of God and the dignity of each person. We are committed to community-building, diversity, global justice and service to those in need.
The Hallmarks of our Notre Dame de Namur learning community include:
- Hallmark 1: We proclaim by our lives, even more than by our words, that God is good.
- Hallmark 2: We honor the dignity and sacredness of each person.
- Hallmark 3: We educate for, and act on behalf of, justice and peace in the world.
- Hallmark 4: We commit ourselves to community service.
- Hallmark 5: We embrace the gift of diversity.
- Hallmark 6: We create community among those with whom we work and with those we serve.
- Hallmark 7: We develop holistic learning communities which educate for life.
See how the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and our students live out this mission.
- Students Help a Ton
- Closets Filled with Hope
- Jamaican Trip Mission Work
- Students Fulfill SND Mission
- Seeds of Hope
- Learning A World Away
- Trip Helps Student Mature
- Plight Driven Home
- NDA AND Cancer Set her On Life’s Path
- 8th Grade Retreat
To learn more about the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and their mission, visit www.SNDdeN.org